Saturday, July 29, 2006

Linkie Winkie

Apparently Linkie Winkie is an experimental site that crawls blogs looking for mention of it's name and a link to it's site. It says if you time it right it might help you out (with traffic), so what I gather is if you're among the first few most recent blogs it crawls with a mention of it, it links back to your website from it's page. I suppose it's an interesting concept, but it'll take time to tell wether or not it's of any real value or not. I guess you just roll the dice and take your chances.

Update: It appears that I have been winked upon by the Linkie Winkie winkers. As I fired up the computer this morning, just a few hours after having made the initial posting about Linkie Winkie, I went and checked my stats. Lo and behold, I had a significant increase in hits, mostly coming from the Linkie Winkie wink at me on the Linkie Winkie site. Thanks goes to those who left comments, and of course to the creators of Linkie Winkie as well.