Friday, September 15, 2006

First Amendment Rights

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.


First off let me tell you that if this makes you mad, oh well. Because I WILL NOT apologize for what I believe. Nor will I hold it against someone for having a different belief than myself. I REFUSE TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!! Political correctness is for wimps.
Now with that being said I want to go over the third part of the first amendment. "or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press". If you have a blog, like this one, where you put down your thoughts, (whether right or wrong, and I can be wrong a lot) you are using FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND POSSIBLY PRESS. I get tired of hearing someone on the radio say, " I have to be careful here as not to offend somebody". Why can't more people be like some of these people:
Andrew Wilkow, Mike McCarville, Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, G. Gordon Liddy, and Cam Edwards. You may or may not like or agree with one or more of these people, but as long as I have listened to most of them, I believe I can say that I have disagreed at one time or another with at least most of them at least once. But, they have always TOLD IT THE WAY THEY SEE IT! They are not afraid to say what they feel. They also research quite a bit more than I do on any given subject. That does not say that they are always right. Just that they say what they believe. The main reason I believe more about what they say than anyone else is because they don't sugar coat anything. They tell it like it is. I may disagree through ignorance, but can people just agree to disagree? No one is above anyone else. I get tired of the bitching and complaining about "somebody offended me." Everyone is offended by something. If you are offended you can always, 1. Quit listening 2. Quit reading 3. Change the channel. JUST QUIT YOUR BITCHING! IT OFFENDS ME. I don't think that your suing for political correctness will change anything. You need to either shut your trap, or change. (Now I could be very wrong about this next statement) I think that a lot of the rage in the world today whether be it road rage or any other type of rage stems from people having to be politically correct all the time. We need to make a stand to get rid of all of the political correctness. It seems to me that the same people that are screaming for political correctness are the same ones that trying to take away all our rights. Like the right to bear arms. They are the ones that took prayer out of schools. ( Or so they tried, as long as there tests in school there will be prayer whether they like it or not.) All these people that are trying to take away our rights need to be taken out of office. We have been fighting overseas for our freedom. Let's bring the fight home for our freedoms. Let's be free the way our forefathers intended us to be. Let's " petition the government for a redress of OUR grievances", let's fight to maintain our freedoms before they are all taken away.