Thursday, September 28, 2006

It finally happened

Well, it finally happened. I was involved in an accident yesterday because someone got in too big of a hurry. As some of you may know, I drive a semi-truck for a living. I was making a TIGHT right hand turn into one of my customers parking lot. Because it was such a narrow turn, my trailer had to leave the right hand lane to make it. As I was getting ready to turn I turned on my signal showing which way I needed to turn. I then blocked BOTH north bound lanes so people behind me could see my intentions. I also almost came to a complete stop. During my turn even though my trailer left the right hand lane my tractor was in the right hand lane. The person that was in too big of a hurry tried to pass on the right hand side of me. WHICH IS WRONG TO BEGIN WITH! Left side = passing side Right side= suicide. Come on people, use some GOD GIVEN COMMON SENSE! (wait. I forgot. Some don't have any common sense.)
Anyway, maybe this post is just to get some road rage off my chest before I use road rage on the roads and some one gets hurt or worse. The good news is that no-one was hurt. Just some damage to vehicle. People PLEASE give trucks plenty of room. I know there truckers out there that shouldn't be driving because they are way too aggressive. Thanks for letting me vent.